Translate

Monday, February 11, 2008

Schuylkill County's 'War Board'

I don't know much about Schuylkill County politics, so I enjoyed reading "Meet the War Board" at a new blog called The Clarke Report. It offers a lot of insight into the back-room deals orchestrated by a handful of professional politicians who have a great deal of influence in Schuylkill County.

According to The Clarke Report, the "War Board" consists of five Republicans, former state Rep. Bob Allen (who was kicked out of office after the July 2005 pay raise), Frank Shoeneman, Champ Holman, state Rep. Dave Argall (a top GOP leader in the House), and state Sen. Jim Rhoades.

My interest in Schuylkill County candidates stems from the fact that some of the elected state legislators in Schuylkill also represent parts of Berks County, where I live.

An excellent post that I recommend. And welcome to The Clarke Report. I'll be checking back frequently to keep tabs on what's going on in Schuylkill County politics.

No comments: