Translate

Monday, November 17, 2008

We want our money back!

Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist sent a letter to the U.S. Treasury Department today requesting the full $700 billion in bailout money be turned over to him.

He's got better plans for the money than what Congress has come up with so far.

From Norquist's letter:
I write today to formally request $700 billion from the TARP Capital Purchase Program. Since unionized auto companies, state and local governments, and certain credit card companies are applying, I thought I should, as well. Attached you will find the two-page application which I downloaded from www.treas.gov.

I am fully aware that some $125 billion has already been allocated as of October 29, 2008. However, given that the federal government has the full weight of the army, the FBI, etc. behind it, I am confident that you can re-appropriate this money from the likes of Wells Fargo (or their successor companies, if the current over-regulatory and over-taxing economic climate has caused them to go under).

I have a plan for this $700 billion which should be just what's needed to get the American economy going. Since the money came from the taxpayers in the first place, I propose giving it back to them.
That is the most sensible plan I've heard for how to use the $700 billion bailout plan. Sign me up, too, Grover.

Norquist Sends Letter to Treasury Applying for $700 Billion in TARP Funds

No comments: