Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hoeffel in denial over cronyism

Despite solid evidence to the contrary, Montgomery County Commissioner Joe Hoeffel continues to deny that the hiring of a half-dozen political cronies since January is proof that political patronage is rampant in county government under the control of Hoeffel and Jim Matthews.

Hoeffel submitted the following letter to the editor to The Mercury in rebutal to recent op-ed piece by Republican Montgomery County Commissioner Bruce Castor.

Here's Hoeffel's letter:
Patronage statement untrue

I have been thinking how I can respond politely to Commissioner Bruce Castor's letter published April 30 in which he claims I am "defending patronage and cronyism" in Montgomery County government.

His accusation is untrue. Further, his letter contains six inaccurate statements and at least two distortions of the truth about my activities. I believe that he knows that those statements and distortions are untrue.

So, while Commissioner Castor is entitled to his opinions, the nicest thing I can say is that the truth is not in that man.

JOSEPH M. HOEFFEL
Montgomery County Commissioner

No comments: