Translate

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Former state Rep. Rubley endorses Buckwalter in 157th House race



The woman who held the 157th District state House seat for 16 years has picked the person she would like to see win that seat this year.

Former state Rep. Carole Rubley, who retired in 2008, has endorsed Phoenixville Borough Councilman Kendrick Buckwalter in the 157th District race.

"I have known Ken for many years. I respect his work ethic, his strong
commitment to the community, and his faithful observance to our Constitution," Rubley said. "I strongly support his candidacy for State Representative. Ken is a man of principle and integrity who stands up for the Rule of Law. He can be counted on to work full time for the citizens of the 157th District.”

Buckwalter, a business owner and member of Phoenixville Borough Council, said, "I'm honored to have the support of Carole Rubley. She faithfully represented our district in Harrisburg. She is a respected member of our community and I appreciate her help and her support."

Buckwalter is running in the May 18 Republican Primary. He is a recommended candidate by the Republican Committee of Chester County.

"I'm looking forward to representing the district," Buckwalter said. "As a Councilman for eight years I’ve compiled a record of protecting taxpayers. I look to cut government programs that waste tax dollars. As a business owner for 36 years, I know the value of a dollar. I’m a businessman, not a career politician."

Rubley refused to endorse a GOP candidate in 2008. Her seat ended up in the hands of Democrat Paul Drucker, who is seeking a second two-year term in the House.

For more information on Buckwalter's campaign, see www.buckwalterforpa.com

No comments: