Translate

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Schroder raises $100,000 for Congressional bid

Chester County state Rep. Curt Schroder, a Republican candidate for Pennsylvania's 6th Congressional District, announced Tuesday he has raised more than $100,000, exceeding his fundraising goals over the past six weeks.

"I am humbled by the outpouring of local support that I have received," Schroder said in a press release. "Over 320 individuals helped us raise nearly $110,000, the overwhelming bulk of which came in during the last 30 days."

Schroder emphasized that the bulk of his contributions came from individuals within the 6th District and not from far flung national PAC's representing special interests or a personal check.

"Clearly the taxpayers in our region know me, my record and what I stand for. They know that as their Congressman I will go to Washington and place their interests first"

Taking a shot at one of his opponents, Steven Welch, who doesn't live in the 6th District, Schroder noted: "I have lived in the 6th District since its inception and the Downingtown area my entire life. I understand the values, needs and priorities of the people who live here. The out-pouring of grass roots support clearly demonstrates that the people who live here recognize that"

Schroder has represented Chester County's 155th District in the state Legislature since 1994.

The 6th District Republican nomination is up for grabs in 2010 after incumbent Republican Jim Gerlach announced he would not seek a fourth term. Instead, Gerlach is running for governor of Pennsylvania.

For more on the campaign, visit Schroder's Web site at http://vote4curt.com/

No comments: