Translate

Friday, October 09, 2009

Joke of the Day: Nobel Peace Prize for Obama

When I first saw the headline "Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize," I thought it was an April Fools joke. Then I looked the calendar and figured out it was not a prank. It's still a joke, but it really happened. Then I remembered that this is the same outfit that gave Jimmy Carter and Al Gore the same prize. That explains a lot.

Here's reaction to the news from around the blogosphere:

From Another Black Conservative: This has to be the most absurd thing I have ever seen in all my life. Obama has done absolutely nothing to earn the award and his efforts to rid the world of nuclear weapons has all the potential for an epic failure.

From Legal Insurrection: My initial reaction to Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize was that this was Obamamania gone wild. That's part of it. But I think there is more to it. The internationalists have tied Obama's hands. Will Obama continue ordering drones to bomb houses in Pakistan? Will he listen to the military as to how to win in Afghanistan? Is there any choice but to consent to an Iranian nuclear weapon? Will the Peace Prize winner take all military options off the table?

From NW Republican: Not that I ever thought that Obama would not some day win the Nobel Peace prize. But this one? Now? Don't you think that this instance de-legitimizes the entire award? Something tells me that perhaps deep inside the bowls of the White House there are some folks who are a bit embarrassed over this.

From Warning Signs: Giving the prize to Barack Hussein Obama has rendered it a joke. In office less than a year, Obama has, in the words of a recent Saturday Night Live satirical skit, done "nothing" to deserve what once was one of the highest international accolades anyone could receive.

No comments: