Translate

Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze (1952-2009)

I never got into "Dirty Dancing" and I cringe every time I hear "She's Like the Wind" but I'm sorry to hear that iconic actor Patrick Swayze died Monday at age 57. Swayze succumbed after a much-publicized battle with pancreatic cancer.

He hit it big with 1997's "Dirty Dancing" and struck gold again in 1990 with "Ghost."

One of my favorite Patrick Swayze films is 1989's "Road House," in which Swayze played the ultra-cool bouncer Dalton who battles evil Ben Gazzara for control of the The Double Deuce. He was nominated for a Razzie Award as worst actor, but I still enjoy the film.

He made another action flick in 1989 called "Next of Kin," which I also like.

He also had a terrific role as Bodhi in 1991's "Point Break" opposite Keanu Reeves.

I don't think I've seen anything Swayze has been in since 1991, but I will miss him.

5 comments:

Obesity Statistics said...

All credit to him. He never stopped fighting.

vibaku said...

God bless his soul! RIP Patrick I will always cherish you in Ghost! The movie that etched in my head during my childhood years. And the theme song was not going out too.

vibaku said...

God bless his soul! RIP Patrick I will always cherish you in Ghost! The movie that etched in my head during my childhood years. And the theme song was not going out too.

Amy said...

Very sad to hear the news, I offer my prayers and condolences to the family. He will be missed by everyone.

jadejohn said...

This is a terrible loss, for his wife-first, then for his extended family and friends, then for Hollywood. He was a great actor and now cancer took his life. Well, life is short and the unexpected does happen!