Translate

Monday, December 17, 2007

Two weeks at No. 1 for TONY PHYRILLAS

The view looks nice from up here.

For the second week in a row, TONY PHYRILLAS is ranked the No. 1 Most Influential Political Blog in Pennsylvania by BlogNetNews.com, the blogosphere's front page.

I don't think you realize how hard it is to hold on to the top spot. It's happened before, but it's a rare feat. Also note that 15 of the 20 spots are held by liberal bloggers. In addition to the mainstream media, the education system and the entertainment industry, liberals are working hard to dominate the blogosphere.

BlogNetNews'"Blogosphere Influence Rating" combines a variety of data sets to determine which blogs are most powerfully influencing the direction of the Pennsylvania political blogosphere, according to the site.

The exact method BNN uses to calculate influence scores must remain proprietary in order to prevent attempts to game the system.

BNN's methodology takes into account the fact that all Internet data is profoundly limited in its reliability by using multiple data sets that, when combined, reveal a fair picture of activity in the blogosphere, according to the site.

Here's this week's Top 20 rankings:

Pennsylvania's Most Influential Political blogs
This Week's Rank ... Blog Name ... Previous Rank
1 TONY PHYRILLAS 1
2 Pawatercooler.com 10
3 POLICY BLOG 12
4 Suburban Guerrilla 3
5 Save The GOP - not ranked
6 Lehigh Valley Ramblings 2
7 Booman Tribune 18
8 Pennsyltucky Politics 4
9 PSoTD 5
10 Attytood 11
11 The Carbolic Smoke Ball 14
12 Above Average Jane 7
13 The Pennsylvania Progressive 13
14 Comments From Left Field 8
15 Is this Life? 19
16 Phillybits 17
17 The Lehigh Valley Political Blog 16
18 malcolmxpark.org 20
19 Capitol Ideas - not ranked
20 PowerBlog! 9

1 comment:

Phillybits said...

I don't think you realize how hard it is to hold on to the top spot. It's happened before, but it's a rare feat.

Holding into #1 aside, I don't think you realize how easy it is to actually reach that spot.

I reached #1 a few times and then took a good hiatus from blogging and watched as I quickly left the list altogether to the point that I removed the BNN script from my website, as I didn't know when I'd be getting back into writing.

Only over the course of the last week or two, however, have I started writing some more. Some about photography, some about politics headlines, etc. And searching Technorati for my blog, I found yours noting the current rankings with my blog at 16, an improvement from 17.

I don't think I've done much to really warrant getting back on the list aside from just posting more posts more frequently.

That said, if I keep up the current thread, I imagine I could climb back to the top tiers rather quickly.