Translate

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Where was Dick Cheney?



I was flipping through the TV channels Tuesday night when I came across Barack Obama's speech to a joint session of Congress. It took my brain a few seconds to process the image of Obama, Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi at the podium. First I thought I was watching a skit on "Saturday Nigh Live" but that couldn't be the case because it wasn't Saturday. The reality is finally setting in. These are the people we put in charge of the country? These are now the No. 1-2-3 leaders of the United States? An inexperienced community organizer/lawyer five years removed from the Illinois state legislature? A gaffe-prone career politician from Delaware? A 69-year-old Valley Girl?

4 comments:

TheBitterAmerican said...

It couldn't have been an SNL skit, Tony. Tina Fey wasn't there to lambaste Sarah Palin again!

Anonymous said...

It appears that the unanointed cardinal Pelosi's face winces when she claps her hands. I talked to few my friends from U of P Medical College they said it is caused by an empty head and tight facial skin.

Anonymous said...

I heard the "soya green" truck even passed her by in an effort to keep the food supply from being contaminated!

Anonymous said...

Stealth that was great. Don't know if everbody gets it. For those who don't "SOYLENT GREEN" movie, cannabalism, you figure it out. Is there a possibility that you are a alumni of U of P Clown College as Arlie, Rennie and I?