Translate

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Berks man gets 12 years for $65M mortgage fraud scheme

I drive by the former headquarters of Personal Financial Management every day as I take Route 422 from the Reading area toward Pottstown.

Every time I see the building where Wesley Snyder conned hundred of people out of millions of dollars, I shake my head.

I can't believe so many people were fooled. Just because somebody opens a nice-looking office and says they can help you make money doesn't mean it's on the level.

Snyder asked a judge for leniency. The federal judge gave the 72-year-old Oley resident a 12-year prison sentence, which amounts to life in prison.

Snyder was also ordered to pay $29.3 million in restitution.

I'm sure the victims are glad that justice was served, but it still won't help them pay their mortgages, which is something Snyder promised them.

Read more about the case from the U.S. Department of Justice at the link below.

Pennsylvania Man Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Involvement in Mortgage Fraud Scheme

No comments: