Translate

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Oh great, another blogger

As if there weren't enough blogs to choose from on the Internet, politicians are now getting into the act.

Rep. Joe Pitts, a Republican who represents Pennsylvania's 16th Congressional District in Berks, Chester and Montgomery counties, has announced he has started his own blog.

Pitts says the blog is "one more way to keep in touch with constituents."

The blog is linked to Pitts' official Congressional Web site, www.house.gov/pitts/

"I hope to use this blog as just one more way for me to keep in touch with the constituents I represent in the 16th District," Pitts said in a statement. "I hope you'll stop by often and I'll be sure to keep it updated."

Pitts, first elected to Congress in 1996, is one of the more media-savvy members of Congress. He regularly posts videos on YouTube and writes a regular column distributed to local newspapers, including The Pottstown Mercury.

"I'll use the blog to let you all know what I think about the important issues before Congress," Pitts said on his first post today. "I'll post statements about legislation, videos of floor speeches, and pictures of my activities in Pennsylvania as well as Washington, D.C."

No comments: