Translate

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll battling cancer

The Office of Pennsylvania Lieutenant Governor issued the following statement today:
Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll today announced that she has been diagnosed with neuroendocrine illness.

She was diagnosed during a routine medical examination earlier in the summer. A follow-up examination confirmed the initial findings.

Knoll had felt no symptoms of the neuroendocrine illness.

"I fully expect to conduct my duties as Lieutenant Governor. As it turned out, the scheduling of my treatments has come at a time when the Senate was adjourned. The next two years in Pennsylvania are going to be exciting as the Governor follows through with his agenda on education, the environment, and the economy. I intend to be right there to help him.

"I was surprised by the diagnosis because I feel so good. I'm going after it aggressively. So far, the results are encouraging. Although the treatments will continue, the outlook is good. I'm optimistic. Most of all, I feel fine and I anticipate continuing a full work schedule," Knoll said.
Knoll, 77, was sworn in as Pennsylvania's first female Lieutenant Governor in 2003.

No comments: