Translate

Monday, January 26, 2009

Best Movies for Grownups

Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan can ignore this post.

It's award season in Hollywood and the AARP has jumped on the bandwagon with its inaugural "Movies for Grownups Awards."

Here are some of the winners:

Best Movie for Grownups: "Frost/Nixon"

Best Actress 50 and Over: Meryl Streep, "Doubt"

Best Actor 50 and Over: Frank Langella, "Frost/Nixon"

Best Supporting Actress 50 and Over: Christine Baranski and Julie Walters, "Mamma Mia!"

Best Comedy for Grownups: "Ghost Town"

Best Grownup Love Story: Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson, "Last Chance Harvey"

Best Movie for Grownups Who Refuse to Grow Up: "Iron Man"

And my favorite category: Best Intergenerational Film: "The Visitor"

(By the way, I have seen "The Visitor" and it's an excellent film. Highly recommended.)

For more categories and the runners-up in various categories, click on the link below.

AARP The Magazine Honors the Best Movies for the 50 Audience With Movies for Grownups(R) Awards

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The only movie on that list that I've actually seen is Iron Man. My 5-year old son and I loved it!

Anonymous said...

Ghost Town bored me to death after 10 min.
I'm a growups but I enjoy family movie actually I'm a fan of Lindsay in Parent Trap