Translate

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rohrer not seeking re-election to House seat

It's the governor's mansion or bust for state Rep. Sam Rohrer, who will not seek re-election to the Berks County state House seat he has held for 18 years while he pursues a long shot bid to become the next governor of Pennsylvania.

From the Reading Eagle:
Rohrer said legally he could have sought both the gubernatorial and House nominations.

"I thought long and hard about it, but I didn't think it sent the right message," he said. "My reason for running for governor is not just to go for a higher office.

"We didn't want to confuse things."

Rohrer's platform includes removing roadblocks to economic growth; cutting spending; reducing taxes; improving school performance; and restoring integrity to state government.

Rohrer said he'll have to find a different job if he doesn't win the nomination.

"That was a big decision, but I'm so convinced the direction I'm on is what I need to do," he said. "We'll take care of that when the time comes."
Read the full story below:


Rohrer not seeking re-election in House, still in GOP governor's race

No comments: