Translate

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rep. Schroder Receives Chamber's Legislator of the Year Award

Rep. Curt Schroder, R-155th Dist., was recently honored as Republican Legislator of the Year by the Greater Exton Chamber of Commerce.

Robert Hall, chairman of the Chamber's Government Affairs Council, said Schroder was honored for "his attention to the needs and concerns of small businesses in the community."

More from a Chamber press release:
"Small businesses are the heart of this community and communities all across our nation," said Schroder. "Small businesses employ more than half of the private sector workers and account for 44 percent of the total U.S. private payroll. They generated 64 percent - or about 14.5 million - of the net new jobs in this country over the past 15 years. As an elected official, I am mindful of the critical role small businesses play in creating and maintaining good, family sustaining jobs. It is incumbent on me and other elected leaders to support small businesses in any way we can.

"I am honored and humbled by my selection as the Republican Legislator of the Year by the Greater Exton Chamber of Commerce. I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the chamber for its recognition of my efforts on your behalf and for the great work all of your members do to promote small businesses in the greater Exton area," he said.

No comments: