Translate

Friday, March 19, 2010

Joe Hoeffel's new strategy: Insult the voters

Political mastermind Joe Hoeffel, the embattled Montgomery County Commissioner with dreams of becoming Pennsylvania's next governor, has come up with a novel strategy: Insult potential voters.

Hoeffel has been waging a verbal altercation with Montgomery County residents who have complained about Hoeffel in Letters to the Editor submitted to The Pottstown Mercury.

The last Hoeffel attack was directed at Gilbertsville resident Bill Madara, who happens to be a registered Democrat who previously voted for Hoeffel.

Mr. Madara takes Hoeffel to the woodshed in his response:

"At no time did I mention a political party. If Mr. Hoeffel or his bloated sixth-floor hanger-ons checked, they would have found that I am a registered Democrat for 42 years with an 85-plus percent voting record. So before accusing me of partisanship maybe you should have looked into it before name-calling. I would say that is a reflection of your competency. Actually, I voted for you Mr. Hoeffel. Like the lever-pulling party automatons I mentioned in my letter, I bought into your campaign rhetoric. Rightfully so, you were going to do away with the old-boy Republican network in Montco. I made the mistake of believing the talk but now realize you don't walk the walk. The game didn't change, just the players' faces."

Read the full letter, "Joe Hoeffel should not be insulting voters," at the newspaper's Web site.

No comments: