Translate

Friday, May 15, 2009

Chester County GOP trying hard to lose another election

By most accounts, Chester County Treasurer Alan J. Randzin has done a good job during his two terms in office. Randzin, a Republican, is seeking re-election, but must get past a GOP opponent in Tuesday's Primary Election.

Chester County Republicans have been losing ground to Democrats in recent years, primarily because the party establishment has a habit of picking bad candidates. This year, Chester County GOP Chairman Joseph "Skip" Brion has decided to use another tactic to further damage the party: Run candidates against GOP incumbents.

The West Chester Daily Local News has a good story on the race between Randzin and challenger Ann Duke. I especially liked the part about why Duke is running.

From Duke's bag of cliches: "The Republican voters need a choice, and the public needs a fresh face" ... "I think we need a change, and that's why I'm running" ... "I think with my background I can bring something to that position."

Sounds like a real winner, Skip.

Read the full story at the newspaper's Web site.

No comments: