Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pa. spends more on welfare than public education

Interesting look at where your Pa. tax dollars are going on state Sen. Mike Folmer's website
Welfare accounts for $10,585,308,000 of the state budget (38.3% or $336 per second) and education accounts for $10,537,067,000 (38.1% or $334) of the state budget. 
Combined, these two line items equal 76.4% of the total state budget, leaving 23.6% for all other state departments, programs, and initiatives.
Under the 2012 – 2013 General Fund Budget, the Commonwealth spends $27,656,381,000 in tax moneys: $75,770,907 each day, $3,157,121 each hour, $52,619 each minute, and $877 every second.

No comments: