Translate

Monday, January 02, 2012

Do I look stupid to you?

I received the following email today, purportedly from a person I know, but it's an age-old scam and I still can't believe people still fall for it.

Sorry, Alan. I won't be sending any money today.

If you get something similar to this, just delete it:
Hi

Just hoping this email reaches you well, I'm sorry for this emergency and for not informing you about my urgent trip to Madrid, Spain but I just have to let you know my present predicament. Everything was fine until I was attacked on my way back to the hotel, I wasn't hurt but I lost my money, bank cards, mobile phone and my bag in the course of this attack. I immediately contacted my bank in other to block my cards and also made a report at the nearest police station. I'm physically ok and fine but I'm urgently in need of some money to pay for my hotel bills and my flight ticket home, will pay back as soon as i get back home.

Kindly let me know if you would be able to help me out so I can forward you the details required for a wire transfer via the western union money transfer service. I don't yet have a local phone (still gathering my bearings and such), so email is probably the best form of contact for now. I will expect your response soon.

Warm regards,

Alan Caruba

No comments: