Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Canadian-born Playboy Playmate Shera Bechard granted U.S. 'genius' visa

Canadian model Shera Bechard, a former Playboy Playmate and one-time girlfriend of Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, has qualified for a special visa the U.S. government reserves for "individuals with extraordinary ability," according to the Reuters news service.

Ms. Bechard posted the following message on her Facebook page: "I'd be the first to admit I'm not a genius. The visa is given to those in the arts, athletics, business & sciences who have extraordinary abilities. You don't have to be a genius to be a good fashion model, actor, baseball player or track and field star. You just have to achieve a certain level of success in your field, which I have done. I took me many months to put the application together - no strings were pulled, no extra cash was paid, no favours done - I got it because I deserved it."

I'm no immigration expert, but I can see Ms. Bechard's qualifications very clearly.

Read the full story about the controversial visa program at the Reuters website.

No comments: